COVID safe procedures for Stallholders*
- Keep abreast of COVID information relevant to market stalls:
- Ensure your staff have the necessary authorised worker permit.
- Before setup, Stallholders & staff must check-in the to BNCM QR code at Wood Street.
- If travelling beyond distance limits to our market, you must have a permit: Apply here.
- Your stall must display its own QR code. Register your business here: You must ensure each patron registers or writes contact details. Stallholders should not request that customers check-in at the main entrances instead of their own stalls.
- Your business must have its own COVID safe plan.
- Display adequate Social Distancing Markers in front of your stalls.
- Block off access at the back and between your stall to prevent pedestrian access.
- Wear face masks (if restriction applies on the day)
- Provide 2 hand sanitisers – one for Stallholder (use regularly throughout the day), and one for customers to use.
- Eftpos for sales is preferred, use hand sanitiser before and after all cash exchanges.
- Encourage “click & collect” opportunities for regular customers.
- All food produce (Except for vegetables and fruit) must be displayed in containers or behind plastic or glass barriers.
- Samples or tastings are permitted, as long as its for consumption off the premises of the market.
- Take-away food stalls are not to provide seating or tables.
- Stallholders should advise customers that they may not handle produce.
- Please do not attend our market if you are unwell, are waiting test results for COVID19, have tested positive for COVID19, or are currently under quarantine.
Authorised Providers list:
The following stallholders/businesses can open under restrictions. (As at 21 Aug 21, per Premier of Victoria office)
- A bakery, butcher, fruit and vegetable store or fishmonger; or
- an outdoor market, but only to obtain groceries or fresh food; or
- a food truck pub, whether licensed or unlicensed, but only to the extent that:
- it provides takeaway meals or drinks or a meal delivery service; or
- it provides food, drink, or
- a pet store; or
- a ‘click and collect’ service.
*Subject to change by Vic Gov and/or BNCM management.